The wash day struggle is real! From pre-pooing to washing and styling, the process can take hours...sometimes even days. (We've all fallen asleep with a style half done because we're too sleepy to finish it!) So, in today's blog post we're sharing 10 tips that will make your wash day just a little bit easier. (Please note that these tips are not meant to be followed in order.)
- Skip making a pre-poo potion and instead pre-poo your hair with your regular conditioner and if you have a dry, sensitive scalp, mix in a few drops of tea tree and peppermint oil for instant relief.
- Detangle your hair in sections with a wide-toothed comb before you wash it as it will help prevent tangling when you start washing it.
- Wash your hair section by section to get your hair squeaky clean and to prevent tangling. 4 - 6 sections will do.
- Save time and wash your hair in your cornrows (if of course you already have them in cornrows, because you've been wearing them under your wigs for example).
- When washing focus mainly on your scalp and gently stroke your fingers down your hair to prevent tangling.
- Invest in a scalp massage brush. They are only about $3 and feel AH-MAZING on your scalp when you wash your hair.
- Add leave-in conditioner and heat protectant to your hair before you blowdry it and then seal the moisture in with your favorite oil.
- Use a bonnet blowdryer to dry your hair and set your braid out or twist out in just an hour.
- If you have defined curls, scrunch them as you blow dry them for sexy, bouncy curls.
- Rope in your mom, your best friend, your daughter, your husband if you can. Even having someone just blow dry a section of your hair when you're frustrated can be such a relief.
Got any more tips? Share them in the comments!