Today is the start of our new series, Hairstyles to Slay this Winter. In collaboration with our featured blogger Jade Gabriell, we're going to be showcasing six gorgeous wigs and six super-easy but super-cute ways to style them!
We're starting our series with this stunning Model Model Seldon unit. It's sleek, straight, and giving us serious Kimmy K vibes! In her video, Jade will show you how to cornrow this unit - which if you've ever tried to style a unit with soft lace, you'll know that it can be tricky to stop the lace from rising!
Watch the video below for a review of Model Model Seldon and step-by-step instructions on how to cornrow the unit or scroll down to read our how-to guide:
How to: Cornrow a Soft Lace Wig
Jade recommends that you wear a black wig cap for this tutorial.
- Leave some of your natural hair out in the front. It will help to cover any lace that lifts up.
- Section the unit into two even halves. Seldon has a beautiful natural looking deep 4X4 silk base lace front.
- Begin to cornrow ensuring that you pick up your natural hair as you go along. Cornrow close to your edges, this will help to cover the lace. To learn how to cornrow, watch Jade's video.
- Continue braiding all of the way down the hair and then secure the end with a hairband.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 on the other side.
- Optional: Lay your edges with a little gel. Now, you're done and ready to slay!
Come back soon when we'll showcase another stunning wig and hair tutorial! In the meantime, go and check out Model Model Seldon - she comes in a range of beautiful colors!